Looking for a career that impacts the lives of others? We want you on our team! We are currently hiring Activity Program Aide I positions at two of our three state psychiatric facilities, Bryce Hospital and Mary Starke Harper Geriatric Psychiatry Center.
The Activity Program Aide I is a permanent full-time position with the Alabama Department of Mental Health. No examination is required. This is beginning-level work in activity services for persons in our facilities. Minimum qualifications are a high school diploma or GED. NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY and on-the-job training is provided. Weekend and Holiday work is required on a rotational basis. Employees who are required to work a holiday will accrue that day for later use. Pre-employment background check and drug screen are required.
The salary range is $23,496.00 - $38,541.60 annually. The starting salary will be commensurate with experience. Limitations apply to current state employees.
- 12 paid holidays.
- 1 personal leave day accrued each January.
- 13 sick leave days.
- 13 annual leave days accrued in the first year of employment.
- Longevity bonus annually after 5 years of employment.
- Very low-cost health and dental insurance through the Alabama State Employee Insurance Board effective upon hire.
- Defined retirement benefit (not impacted by economic downturns) and a pre-retirement death benefit through the Retirement Systems of Alabama.
After 1 year, the minimum amount of the pre-retirement death benefit paid to your designated beneficiary is at least equal to your current or previous fiscal year annual salary.
How to Apply
Complete an Application for Examination Form available online; at the State of Alabama, Personnel Department, 64 North Union Street, Montgomery, AL 36130-4100, or any Alabama Career Center Office.
Other promotional opportunities available with time-in-class:
Questions about Employment?
Applications will be accepted and appointments made on an equal opportunity basis without regard to gender, race, age, religion, disability, or color.