The Office of Support Coordination (formerly referred to as Case Management) provides leadership and focus in the implementation of a statewide service coordination system for the Division of Developmental Disabilities. Activities of this office provide guidance to 310 Boards located throughout the state to ensure initial and ongoing coordination of appropriate and integrated waiver services based upon each individual’s level of care and assessed needs.
This office includes activities of Person-Centered Planning and manages the DMH Call Center, the point of contact for initial screening and referral to determine eligibility for placement on the waiting list for waiver-funded supports and services.
By 2025, Alabamians receiving supports through the DMH-DDD waivers will be engaged and empowered to build a plan and vision for their own life within the communities they live. This will occur through an easily facilitated approach to Person-Centered Planning where individuals have a voice, are informed of all possibilities, and experience dignity of risk as they reach their life goals.
Collaboration – DMH-DDD ensures everyone has an equal voice and shared responsibility through collaboration with all internal and external stakeholders, leading to better outcomes for all.
Innovation – DMH-DDD actively seeks out creative solutions and support an environment where all stakeholders are empowered to build new and bold practices.
Transparency – DMH-DDD commits to proactively sharing the vision, goals, approaches, through clear and concise information with all stakeholders affected by our decisions and actions.
Integrity – DMH-DDD aligns the vision, goals, and approaches; and continually seek out honest evaluations of how programs being administered are impacting the lives of Alabamians and the communities in which they live. DMH-DDD ensures all actions align with our communication.
Relationships – DMH-DDD commits to building a foundation of trust through shared understanding and mutual respect.
Initial Planning and Public Comment Period for the Waiver Changes
October 1: Implementation
October - December: Feedback and Evaluation
January: Program Improvement Based on Evaluation
Ongoing: Feedback, Evaluation, and Improvement
Case Manager Progress Notes Webinar
Electronic Visit Verification
Freedom of Choice
Individual Experience Assessment Survey
Individual/Family-Centered Assessment and Case Management Plan for Adults and Children
Person-Centered Planning Guidance
Person-Centered Planning Training
Request for (Regional) Action Policy
Revised Criticality Summary Webinar
Specialized Medical Supplies Procedures
Support Coordination Certification Training
Support Coordination Leadership Training Recording 10/28/2021
Waiver Service Definitions
|Share central vision, key values, and milestones||1. Notify individuals supported, their families, and provider agencies of transformation, reasons for transformation, timeline, and what to expect (how it will impact them)|
2. Present at department meetings, advisory groups, and concurrent project meetings
3. Develop and share resource information and distribute on internal and external communication sites
4. Update internal communication sites (intranet) to mirror presentation information
5. Update external communication sites (website and social media) to mirror presentation information, promote upcoming milestones, and celebrate milestone achievements
6. Seek out and identify communication partners (advocate groups, community organizations, schools, churches, legislators, etc.)
|Elicit feedback||1. Develop process for feedback evaluation |
2. Develop listing of advisory and other stakeholder groups to inform and gather ongoing feedback
3. Identify steering committee to review engagement results and inform ongoing program development
|Provide transformation updates||1. Develop space on internal and external communication sites to share updates|
2. Develop process to collect and package individual success stories
3. Develop process to fold success stories into ongoing program development